As a funded project by local goverment of Gyeonggi-do, Korea; STEP Forward Exchange and TVD Social Cooperative are now looking for active and supportive VIETNAMESE volunteers to take part in our 2-week workcamp with the following information:
Date: July 18 - Aug 1, 2019
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Number of Vietnamese volunteers needed: 4 (2 Males + 2 Females)
Application Deadline:11.59 PM, 19 June 2019
About the workcamp:
A 'workcamp’ is a special volunteer program that involves people from all over the world to work on a project that benefits local communities and builds global friendships through promoting multicultural understanding.
In this workcamp, you will team up with volunteers from Korea and join these 3 main activities:
1. Organizing lessons, workshop for children
2. Making a small Library Room to encourage reading for Children at Thao Dan Center
3. Visit Korean Companies to gain insights about Professional working environments.
- Live, work, learn and exchange culture with local people and international volunteers
- Enhance your language abilities
- Develop and discover yourself in a better way: improve self-awareness, knowledge and social understanding, learn new skills and explore your potentials
- Make new friends and contribute to a better world
- A change to involve more on global scale of international volunteers activities with STEP
- Food, accommodation and transportation will be covered.
What will you do during and after the workcamp:
- Team up with our coordinators to run the camp smoothly. Vietnamese local volunteers will be also the main in charge team to organize several FUN activities such as: Vietnamese Language Teaching, Vietnamese Culture Sharing, Dancing, Bonding activities.
- Be the bridge between local people and international volunteers (cultural sharing, language exchange and translation, etc)
- Contribute to the local community by doing the works together (teaching kids, provide explanation/ sharing about different cultures, support in making the library, etc)
- Give every person you meet your greatest power of volunteering
- Help to write out an article about your experience during the camp (This would be uploaded in our website and of course with credit of your name)
- Help to record pictures/ videos and share it to STEP social media page.
- Able to participate fully from July 18 to August 1
- Age from 18 years old and above
- Good command of English (Korean is not required but preferred)
- Be open minded and always willing to learn
- Be supportive and positive
- Additional skills (Photograph, Writing, Dancing, Singing) would be preferable
1/ Application form: from June 8 to June 19, 2019
Please fill in your application form here by 11.59 pm, June 19, 2019:
2/ Interview for those who pass the screening: June, 22~24
Result: June 25 to July 1
3/ Meet up with STEP crew for training, orientation: 2-3 sessions during the first two weeks of July
*Only those who pass the first screening will be notified via email and phone call.
*For those who pass the interview and confirm participation, there is a small admin fee that you need to pay, which is VND 200,000. There will be also a deposit of 1,000,000 VND, which will be returned after you fully finish the camp.
Doesn’t it sound awesome to you? If you think you are suitable for the role, that you always want to make a change for the community and be a part of our amazing team, then don’t hesitate to click the link above and apply right away!!!
If you have any questions, fee free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Facebook Page at: https://www.facebook.com/stepforwardex/