STEP Forward Exchange together with Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University Alumni Ho Chi Minh city Chapter and CSDS Saigon will co-organize in the project : "Bright Future Project" - support to bring "Bright and Joy" for students in Lam Son School, Dong Nai Province
Last month, our team had a small visit to the local primary school -Lam Son which located in Dong Nai Province. Lam Son school actually has 7 sites with total 600 students, from 6 to 11 years old who come mostly from ethnic group like Tay, Nung, Kh'mer, etc. The most important factor that we noticed are their classrooms are quite dark with only 2 to 3 light bulb per 50m2. With just two windows, natural light is still hardly to come in and with this poor lighting condition, we believe that it will give bad affects to student's learning activities. Therefore, we want to support the school by equipping the classrooms with more lighting and alongside with that, we also want to make the small playground to help children have fun, healthy and happy learning environment.
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
- Beneficiary: Lam Son Schools
- Location: Dong Nai province (60km from HCMC)
- Teacher: 50 – 55 Teacher
- Number of students: 600 students
- Level: Class 1 to class 5 ( students from 6 to 11 years old)
- Students are Ethnics : Kh’mer , Tay, Nùng
2. CURRENT CONDITIONS AND PROPOSING IDEAS FOR SUPPORTING THE SCHOOL
There are 28 classrooms and and 3 working rooms/offices for Teachers. The classroom now is only equipped with 2 or 3 light bulbs which is quite dark and not enough light for better studying conditions.
C. OUR ACTIONS
In order to help the children there having better and fun learning environment, we are thinking to implement these following actions:
- Equip each class room with 2 more fluorescent lamp to make the room brighter => Students will have better study conditions.
- Aside from that, we will also conduct a small volunteer trip to the school to make the playground (since the school have the big space but students don’t have anything to play around during free time). Moreover, we will organize several intercultural activities and handmade workshop for the children there as well ( We plan to it once we collect enough donation, tentatively on January 2018)
We believe that these small activities will bring long term impacts to individuals children as well as the local school in term of having better learning evironment.
4. ESTIMATE BUDGET: